!!

Recent Voicemails

1. Erik
2. Mumsy
3. JT$
4. Emily
5. Emily
6. Mcfly
7. Mcfly
8. Pops
9. Emily

Who is HOTT in 2005

1. Emily, of course!
2. Kina
3. HannahLee
4. Your Name Could    Be Here!!

Craners

1. Alex
2. McFly
3. Emily


Sunday, April 04, 2004
 
Concert Entry

Sorry, no pictures from the concert 'cause Alex informed me that cameras weren't allowed, and I didnt want to risk it. RayRay (who is a damn good driver) and Alex picked me up, then we picked up Nora and her sister, and headed over the the Universal Amphitheater. I didn't know it was an indoor venue, but soon figured it out, as we walked in. It's pretty awe-inspiring to go through a tiny door into a huge room with like that. Anyway, indoors: good for sound, bad for ventilation. Anyhow, the Sounds were really good. It's all about that great synth keyboard sound, you know? Plus the accent is hot. After their set was over, we sat around for a long damn time, waiting for the Strokes to show up. They were late. Alex and I decided that Julian probably passed out in the back. They finally came on around 10:30. First thing up, Julian was pretty wasted, but in a funny way. The entire night he kept wanting to be "closer" to the audience. So, first thing out, he moved the monitor to the edge of the stage, pronouncing, "This is why I should have come to sound-check," in muddled drunk-speak. Later, he tried to get to the back of the venue, yelling at his crew to get him "some fucking mic cable!" He got farther (further?) than I expected before he was mobbed to the max, what with people ripping his hair out and whatnot. So they started rockin' out. They sound damn good, just like they sound on the album. As soon as the music started, I smelled a little of the wacky-tobacy, know what I mean? Turns out, at the end of the concert, there are these two guys smoking out in front and to the left of us. Funny though, 'cause they had a huge-ass pipe, but when we entered the place, they pat you down, and the guy in front of me in line had his smokes and lighter taken away, so I dont have a clue how these guys got a pipe that size in. And the girls behind us were DAMN annoying. They were going nutso over the band. "OH MY GOD! He's right there!!... He's so beautiful... I'm going to die..." etc etc. Shit, I mean, they're good and all, but it's not the goddamned Beatles. Calm the hell down. Regardless, the concert was great. *Sidenote: What's the difference between regardless and irregardless?* The crowd was very receptive, and just about everyone knew the words. The pit in front was pretty tame; most of them just stood there. Alex told me it was because it was a KROQ concert, so everyone up there got comp tickets for winning contests and whatnot. I doubt they even knew the melodies. So, I got a couple groovy shirts, and had a wicked good time. I need to go to more concerts.

Rock on.

    Post a Comment